Oncology and Fibroids
Post treatment HCG levels during follow up of gestational trophoblastic disease come back to normal in (LQ)
1. Following evacuation of molar pregnancy HCG levels are checked every 2 weeks.
2. N ormal length of time for HCG to fall to normal is <8 weeks.
3. However some patients have elevated but falling HCG levels even upto 6 months and do not require treatment.
4. If levels falls to normal in 8 weeks then monitoring stopped at 6 months.
5. If > 8 weeks then monitoring stopped at 6 months from first normal value. After normal serum HCG monitoring is with urinary HCG monthly.
Indication of chemotherapy:
1. HCG plateaus of 4 values +/- 10% over 3 weeks.
2. HCG increase of > 10% of 3 values over 2 weeks
3. Persistence of HCG for > 6 months after evacuation.