- Contents of the body cavities are removed and the vascular system is injected with 40% formaldehyde and 10% methyl alcohol which act as antiseptic and preservative to prevent putrefaction.
- In this method proteins are coagulated (mimics rigor mortis ), tissues are fixed, organs are bleached and hardened.
- Best technique is discontinuous injection and drainage.
- Glycerine is used as it is a humectants.
- Autopsy and removal of organ is done before embalming.
- This is only a practice test, it is designed to help you revise your concepts
- The test contains questions, only 1 option is correct for each question
- This is a timed test.
- After you have finished the test, press on the 'Finish Test' button to know your score and get the correct answers