Oncology and Fibroids
Treatment for stage IIb to III of cervical cancer? (AIIMS May 2012)
|B||Surgery + Chemotherapy|
|C||Chemoterapy + Radiotherapy|
Chemoterapy + Radiotherapy
1. Stage-wise treatment for Ca cervix
2. All stages (I–IV) are radiosensitive.
3. Stages of Ca cervix that are operable (radical/Wertheim’s hysterectomy) are 1A2, IB, and IIA.
4. Stages IIB–IV are not operable and have to be treated with RT only (brachyand teletherapy)
5. Cisplatin is given before RT as a radiosensitizer, hence the preferred terminology is CTRT (concurrent chemo & radiotherapy)