Tests For Hearing
Weber's test in conductive deafness: (LQ)
|A||Sound louder in normal ear|
|B||Sound louder in diseased ear|
|C||Heard with equal intensity in both ears|
• As discussed in the text in Weber's Test
• In normal Individuals - No lateralization of sound occurs as Bone conduction of both e~HS in normal and equal.
• In conductive deafness - Lateralization of sound occurs to the diseased ear (Ans 12)
• In SNHL - l..ateralization of sound occurs to the better ear.
It is a very sensitive test and even less than 5 dB difference In 2 ears hearing level can be indicateD.
Bing Test Ref. Dhingra 6th/ed p 22
It is a test of bone conduction and examines the effect of occlusion of ear canal on the hearing. A vibrating tuning fork is placed on the mastoid while the examiner alternately closes and opens the ear canal by pressing on the tragus inwarD.
• Positive in normal and SNHL . hears louder when ear canal is occluded and softer when ear canal is open.
• Negative in conductive hearing loss - . no change