Which among the following is most common neoplasm of salivary gland?
|B||Adenoid cystic carcinoma|
• MC neoplasm of salivary gland: Pleomorphic adenoma
• MC malignant tumor of salivary gland: Mucoepidermoid carcinoma
• MC neoplasm of salivary gland in children: Hemangioma
• MC malignant tumor of salivary gland in children: Mucoepidermoid carcinoma
• MC malignant tumor of minor salivary glands: Adenoid cystic carcinoma
• Best diagnostic modality for parotid swelling: FNACQ
• Open incisional biopsy is contraindicatedQ due to tumor cell implantation and formation of parotid fistulaQ
• Best imaging investigation for salivary gland neoplasms: MRIQ
All Salivary Gland Tumors Are Most Common In Parotid Except
• Adenoid cystic carcinoma: MC malignant tumor of minor salivary glands?
• Squamous cell carcinoma: Mostly seen in submandibular gland?
Etiology Of Salivary Gland Tumors
• Radiotherapy to head and neck (for mucoepidermoid carcinoma) Q
• EBV infection (for lymphoepithelial carcinoma) Q
• Exposure to silica dust, nitrosaminesQ
• Increased risk in females with early menarche and nulliparityQ
• Trisomy 5 in primary mucoepidermoid carcinoma of minor salivary glands
• Polysomy of 3 and 17 especially in adenoid cystic carcinoma
• Translocation involving chromosome 11 in mucoepidermoid carcinoma