Oncology and Fibroids
Which is raised in dysgerminoma? (AIPG 2009)
Dysgerminoma is a
1. Solid tumor which is rubbery in consistency and firm capsule.
2. Usually unilateral.
3. 30-50% are malignant
4. The tumor consists of large cells arranged in bunch or alveoli separated by fibrous tissue septa with lymphocytic infiltration.
5. It secrets alkaline phosphate along and Lactate dehydrogenase.
6. It is associated with dysgenic gonads, there may be hypoplasia or absence of some part of genital tract. It is highly radiosensitive
7. The markers exhibited by germ cell tumors are:
a. AFP is high in Yolk sac tumors, embryonal tumorynal tumors
b. ↓HCG is high in choriocarcinomas and embronal cancers.
C. LDH and PLAP are high in Dysgerminomas.