Diseases & National Health Programme
Which of the following is not true about chickenpox: (AIPG 12)
|B||Deep seated multilocular vesicle|
|D||Scab is not infective|
The following features of chickenpox:
1. Incubation period - 7 to 21 days
2. Centripetal rash
3. Rash usually affects flexor surfaces and axilla
4. Palms and souls are frequently spared
5. The rash is superficial and unilocular dew drop like vesicles on an erythematous base.
6. The rash is pleomorphic i.e., different stages of the rash can be present at a given time.
7. Each new crop of rash is accompanied by fever.