Vocal cords paralysis
Which of the following carcinomas commonly presents with neck nodes: (LQ)
• Have earliest neck nodes involvement..
• Presenting features is - pain on swallowing or neck mass.
• No nodes involved presenting features is hoarseness.
• Nodal metastasis occurs to pretracheal, prelaryngeal nodes.
• Presenting feature is stridor.
In the options given-epiglottis belongs to suproqiotttssc it will present with neck nodes.
• Ca which presents with neck nodes = supraglottis Ca
• Highest lymph node involvement occurs in - supraglottic Ca
• Hoarseness is the presenting symptom - Glottic Ca
• Stridor is the presenting symptom in Subglottic Ca.
• Laryngeal cancer with worst prognosis = subglottic Ca
• Ca with best prognosis = Glottic Ca