Which of the following drugs is used for the treatment of CLL.
2. Rituximab (AIIMS May 2008)
Rituximab is also effective in the treatment of lymphoma and rheumatoid arthritis. It is a anti CD-20 drug. (AIIMS May 2008)
Recent Advances - New Drug
Alemtuzumab is a monoclonal antibody. It is used in treatment of B-cell CLL in patients who have been treated with alkylating agents and who have failed fludarabine therapy. It is also effective in CD-52 expressing lymphoid tumor.
Recent Advances – New Drugs
1. Trastuzumab – CA breast
2. Cetuximab – Ca colon, Squamous cell carcinoma of Head and Neck.
3. Panitumumab - Ca colon
4. Bavacizumab – Cancer of Lung, colon breast.
Table - Lymphoid Disorders that Can Present as "Chronic Leukemia" and can be Confused with Typical B Cell Chronic Lymphoid Leukemia (Ref. Hari- 18th ed., Pg. 919, table 110.1)
1. Follicular lymphoma
2. Splenic marginal zone lymphoma
3. Nodal marginal zone lymphoma
4. Mantle cell lymphoma
5. Hairy cell leukemia
6. Prolymphocytic leukemia (B cell or T cell)
7. Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma
8. Sézary syndrome
9. Smoldering adult T cell leukemia/ lymphoma