Which of the following pairs are incorrectly matched (PGI Dec 2007)
|A||Abciximab - Antiplatelet|
|B||Omalizumab - Colon carcinoma|
|C||Rituximab - Rheumatoid arthritis|
|D||Trastuzumab - her/2/neu +ve breast carcinoma|
|E||Palivizumab - Psoriasis|
(Ref. : KDT’s 6th /610)
· Abciximab is a monoclonal antibody against Gp Ilb/Tlla receptors. It is used as an antiplatelet drug in PTCA and cardiac transplants.
· Omalizumab is a monoclonal antibody against IgE. It is used for bronchial asthma.
· Rituximab is a monoclonal antibody against CD 20. It is mainly used for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. It can also be used for rheumatoid arthritis.
· Trastuzumab is a monoclonal antibody against her 2/neu gene. It is used for breast carcinoma.
· Palivizumab is a monoclonal antibody used against respiratory syncytial virus.