Biomedical Waste Management, Disaster Management, Occupational Health, Genetics and Health, Mental Health
Which one of the following is not a socio-pathological factor associated with mental illness?
Causes of mental health disorders:
- Organic conditions: Cerebral arteriosclerosis, neoplasma, metabolic diseases, endocrine diseases and chronic
diseases (TB, leprosy, epilepsy)
- Heredity: Schizophrenia
- Socio-pathological: Worries, anxiety, emotional stress, tension, frustration, unhappy married life, broken homes, poverty, industrialization, urbanization, cruelty, rejection, neglect, etc.
1. WHO analysis shows a global point prevalence of neuro-psychiatric conditions is about 10% for adult
i. MCC of DALYs lost: Unipolar depressive disorders
ii. MCC of deaths: Alzheimer's and other dementias
2. Mental morbidity in India: 18 - 20 per 1000
3. DSM-IV Criteria: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Edition, Text Revision, DSM-IV-TR, is a manual published by the American Psychiatric Association (APA) that includes all currently recognized mental health disorders. The coding system utilized by the DSM-IV is designed to correspond with codes from the International Classification of Diseases, ICD.