5 out of 91
Which one of the following is TRUE about Phase II clinical trial? (LQ)
|A||Large number of patients are included|
Ans. D Safety
- Phase-II trials involve testing the drug for pharmacokinetic properties and safety.
- Both of these are also tested in phase-I also; but phase-II acts to reinforce it further.
- Importantly, both phase-I and phase-II are conducted in volunteers.
- Patients are taken for phase-III studies. Phase-III tests efficacy of drugs.
- Phase-IV is also known as post-marketing surveillance. It is a passive process and hence no ethical clearance is needed.