According to Section 85 of The Companies Act, 1956, preference share is one which carries the following two rights:
- A right to receive dividend at a stipulated rate or of a fixed amount before any dividend is paid on equity shares
- A right to receive repayment of capital on winding up of the Company before the capital of equity shareholders is returned
- This is only a practice test, it is designed to help you revise your concepts
- The test contains questions, only 1 option is correct for each question
- This is a timed test.
- After you have finished the test, press on the 'Finish Test' button to know your score and get the correct answers