The assembly language has the following advantages:
- It is easy to write.
- It is easy to understand.
- Assembly-language programs produce faster results.
- This is suitable for real-time control and industrial applications.
- It requires less computations time.
The disadvantages of assembly language compared to high-level languages are given below:
- The assembly language is microprocessor specific. The detailed knowledge of the particular microprocessor is required to write a program. The programmer should know about registers and instructions of the microprocessor.
- An assembly-language program is not portable, as the program written for one microprocessor may not be used in other processors.
- Assembly-language program writing is difficult and time consuming compared to high-level languages.