Applications Of Microcontrollers
Nowadays microcontrollers are most commonly used in industrial and household applications. The major areas of applications are as follows:
- Measurement of any physical quantity such as pressure, force, velocity, acceleration, displacement, force, stress, strain, and water level
- Microcontroller-based laboratory instruments to measure voltage, current, phase angle, power factor, frequency, resistance, power, and energy, etc.
- Robot-arm position control
- Angular speed measurement
- Temperature measurement
- dc motor and stepper motor control
- Induction motor control
- Traffic light control system
- Automobile applications
- Household appliances such as washing machine, light control, camera, TV, VCR and video games, etc.
- Office equipments such as photocopying machines, telephones, fax machines, printers, and security system, etc.