The applications of microprocessors are given below:
- Toys Robots, remote-controlled cars, and hand held games.
- Simple Applications Microwave ovens, telephone diallers, smart thermostats, shortwave scanners, and TV remote controls.
- Complex Intelligent Product Controllers VCR control and programming, security systems, and lighting system controllers
- Computer Peripherals Video display, higher-speed printers, modems, plotters, and communication controllers.
- Industrial Controllers Robotics, processing control, sequence control, and machine tool control.
- Instruments Logic analysers, communication analysers, disk drive testers, digital oscilloscopes, and smart voltmeters.
- Communications Data, voice, mobile, electronic switching, and routing.
- Automatic Test Equipment Automatic test equipment at all levels from development, fabrication, component testing assembly, PCB, module and system testing.
- Electrical Power System Data acquisition, logging, protection, metering, control and processing, automatic control of generators voltage and fuel control of furnaces in a power plant.
- Industrial Process Control Instrumentation, monitoring and control, data acquisition, logging and processing.
- Household Appliances Cooking ovens, and washing machines.
- Medical Electronics Quick patient check up, diagnosis, blood analysis, ECG, etc.
- Database Management Word processing, database management, and storing information.