Introduction to Atomâ€”Its Behaviour and Radioactivity
We have learnt that atoms and molecules are the fundamental building blocks of matter. The existence of different kinds of matter is due to different atoms constituting them. The questions that arise are as follows:
- What makes the atom of one element different from the atom of another element?
- Are atoms really indivisible?
- Are there smaller constituents inside the atom?
- Is it possible to study the nature of all kinds of atoms?
- Why some of the atoms exist independently whereas some do not?
Let us try to find answers for all these questions in this chapter.