Note:- Malicious Hacker known as cracker, refers to those who break into computers without authorization.
Different Hacker Attitude
Blue Hat:- A blue hat hacker is someone outside computer security consulting firms who is used to bug test a system prior to its launch, looking for exploits so they can be closed. Microsoft also uses the term Blue Hat to represent a series of security briefing events.
Black Hat:- A Black Hat Hacker is a hacker who "violates computer security for little reason beyond maliciousness or for personal gain. Black Hat Hackers break into secure networks to destroy data or make the network unusable.
Grey Hat:- A grey hat hacker is a combination of a Black Hat and a White Hat Hacker. A Grey Hat Hacker may surf the internet and hack into a computer system for the sole purpose of notifying the administrator that their system has been hacked, for example. Then they may offer to repair their system for a small fee.
Elite Hacker:- A social status among hackers, elite is used to describe the most skilled. Newly discovered exploits will circulate among these hackers. Elite groups such as Masters of Deception conferred a kind of credibility on their members
Script Kiddie:- A script kiddie is a non-expert who breaks into computer systems by using pre-packaged automated tools written by others, usually with little understanding of the underlying conceptâ€”hence the term script (i.e. a prearranged plan or set of activities) kiddie (immature).
Neophyte:- A neophyte, "n00b", or "newbie" is someone who is new to hacking or phreaking and has almost no knowledge or experience of the workings of technology, and hacking.
Common Security Breach Methods
- Worm:- Like a virus, a WORM is also a self replicating program. The difference between a Virus and Worm is that a WORM does not create copies of itself on one system. It propagate through computer Network.
- Trojan horses:- A Trojan horse is a program which seems to be doing one thing, but is actually doing another. A trojan horse can be used to set up a back door in a computer system such that the intruder can gain access later.
- Computer Virus:- Computer virus is a software program, developed by a programmer that infects other programs. The problem created by viruses include:-
- Destruction of file allocation table (FAT)
- Erasing of specific program and data on discs
- Alter contents of fields in the file
- Suppress execution of RAM
- Destroy part of program/data held on disc by creating bad sectors
- Reduction of free space on disc
- Formatting of discs or tracks on discs in a different way.