- In India, the data of unemployment has first fallen, then risen and then fallen again.
- If we consider the nature, most of the unemployment is structural.
- In rural areas, female unemployment rate is lower than male unemployment rate.
- In urban areas, male unemployment rate is lower than female unemployment rate.
- In India, 63% population is in the working age group (15-64 years) and is projected that in 2026, this will increase to 68.4 %. Such a big labour force, if properly utilized can be proof as Demographic Dividend.