- If we have a favorite application or document that we open frequently, we can place a shortcut icon for that item on the desktop.
- Clicking the shortcut icon launches the application or document faster.
- To Create shortcut follow the steps given below
- Start My Computer by clicking My computer icon on the desktop
- Locate the file for which we want to create a shortcut.
- Right drag the file onto the desktop and then release the right mouse button
- A shortcut menu appears
- Choose Create Shortcuts Here from the shortcut menu.
- The shortcut icon is placed on the desktop.
|Definition: Shortcut is an icon that links to a file or folder.|