After enucleation in retinoblastoma, which of the following tissue is sectioned and subjected to microscopic examination to find out systemic metastasis: (AIIMS May 2012)
|C||Sclera and episclera|
|D||Central retinal artery|
1. Retinoblastoma is the most common primary intraocular Qmalignancy of childhood Q
2. Another frequent sign is strabismus Q secondary to impairment of vision.
3. Some children may also present with ocular inflammation, intraocular hemorrhage, glaucoma or heterochromia iridis.
4. Treatment of large tumor is the excision of the eye (enucleation).
5. The optic nerve should be cut long and the cut end should be subjected to microscopic examination to exclude the extension of growth along the nerve.