Biomedical Waste Management, Disaster Management, Occupational Health, Genetics and Health, Mental Health
All of the following features are suggestive of asbestosis except:
|A||Occurs within five years of exposure|
|B|| The disease progresses even after removal of contact|
|C||Can lead to pleural mesothelioma|
|D||Sputum contains asbestos bodies|
1. Asbestosis is a pneumoconiosis which occurs due to exposure to asbestos
2. Asbestosis does not usually appear until after 5 - 10 years of exposure. Once established, the disease is progressive even after removal of worker from contact
3. Sputum shows 'asbestos bodies', which are asbestos fibres coated with fibrin
4. Asbestos may lead to pulmonary fibrosis, carcinoma of bronchus, mesothelioma of peritoneum/ pleura and cancer of GIT
5. Asbestos type most dangerous is 'amphibole'.
1. Pnemoconioses occur due to occupational exposure to dust, especially of the size 0.5 - 3.0 microns diameter Most Dangerous particle size)
2. Coal workers lung is known as 'black lung'
3. Silicosis is known as 'grinder's disease'.