In a patient with AIDS chorioretinitis is typically caused by (AIPG 2010)
1. CMV retinitis is the most common ocular infection in AIDS patients
2. CMV retinitis affects 30% of patients with AIDS at sometime during the course of their disease
3. Most commonly occurs when CD4 count is < 50 cell/mm cube
4. "Brush fire Q -like" extension along the retinal blood vessels and involvement of the optic nerve head.
5. Drug of choice is ganciclovir,Qother drug used are foscarnet, cidofovir
6. Fundus picture resembles pizza – pie appearance.