There are 2 types of audio processing
- Features of Digital
- Can be used in all type of hearing acids
- More flexible
- Multiple process can be involved
- Reduce acoustic feedback, background noise
- Contact over wireless transmission through streamer
- Allows use of mobile phone microphone etc.
- Features of Analog
- Conventional type;
- increases the volume of all incoming sounds with minor adjustments
- Programmable analog; programmed by computer. It has some flexibility for adjustment based on preferences and listening environment.
- BAHA β (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid)
- It is auditory prosthetic
- Surgically implanted
- Uses skull as pathway for sound to enter inner ear to stimulate inner nerve fibers there by bypassing external / middle ear.
- For children
< 5 year - anchored in headband
> 5 years - titanium βpostβ embedded in skull.