Amino Acids, Proteins and Porphyrins
Shortest peptide is
a. Enkephalins→Pentapeptides, which binds to opioids receptors (endogenous)
b. Vasopressin and oxytocin →The posterior pituitary lobe hormones are Nonapeptides→precursor molecules are synthesized in the ribosomes — of the cell bodies of the neurons → packed into the secretary granules in the Golgi apparatus and are transported down the axons by axoplasmic flow to endings in the posterior-pituitary → These secretary granules are called HERRING BODIES.
Acted upon by Renin from kidney Acted upon by ACE in lungs
¯ Angiotensinogen --------------→Angiotensin I --------------→ Angiotensin II (Octapeptides)
(453 Amino acid, (Decapeptide)
synthesized by Liver) By Amino - Peptidases
Angiotensin III (Heptapeptide)
- An acid peptidase (i.e. Aspartyl ,,)
- Glycoprotein, mol. wt -= 37,326
- Two Aspartic acid residues, one at position 292 and one at 104 position, are juxtaposed in the cleft and are essential for activity.
- Contain — 340 amino acid residues.
- Glucagon contain → 29 amino acids
- Insulin → 51 amino acids
- Two chains, A = 21 Amino acids
- B = 30 amino acids
- IGF-1 = 70 Amino acid
- IGF-2 = 67 Amino acid
- Somatostatin = 14 amino acid