The following drug is contraindicated in pregnancy
|B||Calcium channel blocker|
· ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor antagonists are contraindicated during 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy because they affect fetal renal function leading to oligo-hydramnios.
· In emergencies IV Labetalol, Hydralazine can be given. Calcium channel blockers can also be used.
· Penicillin and cephalosporins are not contraindicated in pregnancy.
· Labetalol is used in hypertensive emergencies in pregnancy.
· So, ACE inhibitor is the better option as they are absolutely contraindicated.