Trabeculectomy is done in: (AIPG 2012)
1. Glaucoma is temporal field is the last to be affected multifactional progressive optic neusopathy charctessed by loss of nerve fibers leading to optic disc changes and visual field defe damage to the optic nerve with visual field loss, which is caused by or is related to elevated pressure within the eye.
2. According to the age of patient at presentation and the association with other ocular or.
3. Glaucoma that begins within the first three years of life is known as congenital or infantile glaucoma, whereas, the glaucoma which begins between the ages of three and 40 years is known as juvenile glaucoma.
4. 'Primary glaucoma' means that its cause is an isolated anomaly of the trabecular meshwork . More than half of the congenital glaucoma is of this primary variety.
5. In 'secondary glaucoma' other ocular or systemic abnormalities are associated even if anomaly of the trabecular meshwork is present.
6. Unilateral condition is easily recognized due to difference in the corneal size. Parents may not recognize the bilateral disease and may view large eyes as attractive.
7. Once the diagnosis is established, treatment should be promptly started. Treatment is primarily surgical in infantile glaucoma unlike the adult glaucoma.
8. Procedure include surgery to establish a more normal anterior chamber angle (goniotomy with clear cornea) Q and trabeculotomy can be dine in hazy cornea),Q surgery) or to reduce aqueous humor production (cyclocryotherapy and photocyclocoagulation). Q