Which of the following about epithelium is true (LQ)
|A||Zona occludens is at basal portion|
|B||Capillaries go through the gap junctions|
|C||Basement membrane is formed by type 4 collagen|
|D||In zona adherence actin filaments connect adjacent cells through microtubules|
Basement membrane is formed by type 4 collagen
1. The dermo-epidermal junction is characterised on a light microscopic level by an uneven interface. Fine connective tissue dermal papillae and coarser connective tissue dermal ridges project upwards from the dermis.
2. The regular arrangement of the latter determines an individual's 'fingerprint'.
3. Stratum basale membrane consists of a lamina lucida superficial to a lamina densa of type IV collagen. Various connective tissue fibres span the divide to the papillary dermis.
4. Antibodies to one element in the lamina lucida which links basal keratinocytes and lamina densa collagen precipitates bullous pemphigoid
5. This autoimmune blistering disorder is characterized by large, tense, subepidermal blisters on an erythematous base. It occurs due to damaged hemidesmosomal attachment to the basal lamina.