Which of the following acts as a leukotriene receptor antoagonist? (LQ)
The lukasts (Zafirlukast/Montelukast) competitively antagonize cys LT1 receptor mediated bronchoconstriction, ↑ vascular permeability and recruitment of eosinophilis.
- Used for mild to moderate asthma
- May permit ↓ in steroid dose
- S /E - few cases of churg - strauss syndrome (vasculitis with eosinophiliA. have been reported
- Headache, rashes, eosinophilia, neuropathy
- Zileuton: S-LOX inhibitor
- Short duration of action and hepatotoxic potential limit it's use.