Oncology and Fibroids
largest tumour of the ovary is (LQ)
|D||all of the above|
1. Ovarian mucinous cystadenoma is a benign tumour that arises from the surface epithelium of the ovary.
2. It is a multilocular cyst with smooth outer and inner surfaces.
3. It tends to be huge in size.
4. They often become very large and can extend up into the abdomen.
5. Of all ovarian tumours, mucinous tumours comprise 15%.As it contains mucinous fluid, its rupture leads to mucinous deposits on the peritoneum (pseudo-myxoma peritonei).