Important Icons on Desktop
- My Computer: This is one of the most important icons on your desktop screen which allows the user to access drives, printers, control panel etc.
- Recycle Bin: When we delete the file or folder, it goes into the Recycle Bin. If we delete any file by mistake, we can find it in Recycle bin and we can restore it to its original place. If you want to delete files permanently, clear the Recycle Bin. Recycle Bin uses the space of the hard disk.
- My Network Places: It shows all network connections which you can use to connect your computer system.
- My Documents: This is available on the Start menu. If you want faster access, you can create shortcut and place it on Desktop. It is a location for storing all documents like text file, word wife, spreadsheet etc.
To Organise Desktop Icons
- Click on the desktop with the right button of the mouse.
- Select on the menu Arrange Icons By.
- As the menu is displayed you can chose to organize them by Name, Size, item type or date modified.
- If you click on view option you will find the option of auto arrange, show desktop icon, large icons, medium icons etc in Win 7
To Create a Shortcut
Click on the desktop with the right button click of the mouse.
- Select the option Shortcut on the New menu. A dialog box will appear so that we can indicate the program for which we want the shortcut created.
- Click on Browse button, to find the program.
- Select the desired unit and look for the file or folder you want.
- After selecting the file or folder click on Ok.
- Click Next.
- Type a name for the Shortcut.
- Click Finish
To Change the Date and Time
- Double-click on the clock on the task bar to open the dialog box.
- To change the day month, year then click on change date and time setting to change it.
- After clicking on change dat and time you will get another window to change date and time, and here you have to change according to your choice
- After changing date and time click on OK.